Thanks for visiting Wild Honey!

Thanks for visiting Wild Honey!

I am really excited to share with everyone my true passions: art & everything vintage! This blog is an opportunity to share my inspirations, creations, and new business venture. I hope you all enjoy :)


Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday Life Update: New Beginnings Galore

I was about to wish everyone a happy Monday, but it seemed like a pretty anti-climatic statement considering the first question that popped into my head this morning was "mondays, why must you even exist?" This weekend went by way way too quickly to say the least.  But alas, here we are, and today is day 1 of the blog schedule! I decided that every Monday is going to consist of a life update.  This seems pretty appropriate, since most of life seems to happen for me on the weekend.

It seems like my life is on the brink of tons of new beginnings.  Like the trees shedding their leaves in the fall to make room for new ones (unless you live in Florida), I am shedding my old skin and preparing to grow new skin.  It is exciting to think of what is to come, slightly scary, and slightly sad to say goodbye to the old way of life. 

Rick and I decided on February of 2011 to have our wedding :) It is really happening! And this weekend as we searched high and low for the perfect venue, it became more real and more exciting to me.  Needless to say we have a lot of planning to do in 3 months.  Venue, food, DJ, etc etc... getting rid of anything that wreeks "bachelor pad" in his house (this may be our biggest chore), and entering into a new phase of life together.

I think it is underrated how big this transition is.  We are letting go of our singlehood... two individual people becoming one.  No longer do we answer to only ourselves and our pets, but we answer to each other.  We are constantly taking each other into consideration.  We are growing together, sharpening each other, holding each other accountable.  It is so much more than what you think of when you are little and talk about getting married. It is a big step, and one I am excited to take. 

So, as the leaves on my tree go from green to orange to brown and eventually begin to shed, I will be planting the seeds for this next phase of my life (and keeping you all updated :)).

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for tomorrow's vintage fashion update.

Enjoy your Monday ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment