Thanks for visiting Wild Honey!

Thanks for visiting Wild Honey!

I am really excited to share with everyone my true passions: art & everything vintage! This blog is an opportunity to share my inspirations, creations, and new business venture. I hope you all enjoy :)


Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday Things I Love : (My) Vintage Wedding :)

As Rick and I were talking about our wedding, we were trying to think of creative ways to make it fun. We have an idea to use an old typewriter for our guest book (admittedly, I stole this idea from someone's wedding -- I saw a picture of it, so props to whoever that was).  Also an idea to put polaroid cameras at the tables for pictures.  We could have sharpie markers for people to write their names, etc and put them in some really sweet photo album!
1950s Blue Royal Portable Manual Typewriter w/ Case

Then I was looking, or rather googling, for more ideas and I realized that what I want is a vintage wedding! Duh, I love everything vintage.  Why didn't I think of this before? I am really excited about the possibilities. So my colors are very muted -- orange, mustard yellow, melon, and turquoise... the orange yellow and melon are very blush colors, they are not bright... think of a really romantic color combo and that is it.  The turquoise is going to be used as the highlight color... hopefully it will make everything pop.  On the tables we will have ivory tableclothes with lace runners (dont know what color yet).  These blue mason jars will serve as the centerpieces with flowers and candles in them. 

Dont misinterpret, this is not going to be a tacky vintage, it is just going to be a regular wedding that is vintage inspired.  Very classy and elegant yet simple and vintagey. And I think I want the dishes to be vintage too -- I have to check into this.  Maybe go to Goodwill and see what kind of dishes they have (depends on pricing).  It doesnt matter if they dont match... I think it will add character and would be cute (havent discussed this with Rick yet :))


Well, so far that is what I have for ideas for my wedding! I dont have any clue how it is all going to come together, but I have to have faith that it will.  Oh and FYI, we have changed the date, but this time it is not going to change again!! APRIL 16TH! April 15th marks our one year anniversary so we thought it was appropriate.  Not to mention that my lease is conveniently up on April 15th :) How well does that work out?

I hope you all enjoyed my wedding inspiration!! Have a great weekend :)

xoxo Cori

1 comment:

  1. I love your ideas; definitely will be a "Green Wedding". April 16; a great way to celebrate finishing taxes too!! Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete