Thanks for visiting Wild Honey!

Thanks for visiting Wild Honey!

I am really excited to share with everyone my true passions: art & everything vintage! This blog is an opportunity to share my inspirations, creations, and new business venture. I hope you all enjoy :)


Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday: Stick it to the man.

So today has really just motivated me so much more to start this business.  I came in to work and got reemed out by bossman, and basically had no motivation to do my work.  This makes me feel incredibly guity, but what can I do? I just dont want to sit at a desk. I want to make my own rules -- wake up when I want, do what I want and I want... and maybe that is what is wrong with our generation.

Why do so many people dislike their office/corporate/desk jobs? Why are we in these jobs if we hate them so much? and what would happen to our economy if everyone just decided to up and leave their corporate job and start an online vintage boutique? It makes me wonder why more people don't do it. But i guess it's because it is difficult.  It takes a lot of guts, effort, time, money. It is easier not to.

Today I really just hit my breaking point though.  I woke up with my normal, pit of the stomach, "ugh i have to go to work" feeling and thought, "I really think if Obama wants to improve his ratings, he ought to institute the three day weekend." Boom! What would happen to our economy if THAThappened? If you think about it, Chik-fil-a does better than most of the other fast food companies and they are open one day less.  Maybe this same principle could apply to our economy.  Wouldnt that be nice? I mean, Italy has their siestas and such, and they seem to be doing fine.

What if our generation started a revolution.  We could call it the "Work to live not live to work" revolution.  We could all just quit, and live.... somewhere? but if we all did it, we would find a way to make it work.  Maybe it would change the way we live, we would have more joy, spend more time with our family and friends, actually enjoy what this world has to offer instead of just sitting at a desk with artificial air and no windows. If anyone wants to do this with me, let me know :) I dont know about you, but I am sick of living for the weekends and only having 2 weeks a year to actually enjoy the world.

On that note, I am gonna get back to work... and pray that the last 3 hours of the day go by before I know it.  Have a great weekend everyone!!

And stay tuned for Monday --- I have the daily schedule planned out and it is gonna rock :)

2 comments:

  1. Okay. I had to have Rick help me get on this thing. I've been posting comments I thought!! It is so weird that you said all this today. I had a dream last night that Rick quit his job and went to work for a competitor. Very disturbing. What you need are some work dogs! I can tell you they pretty much cheer up everyone (with the exception of Leeroy) who comes to the shop! Nothing like those sweet eyes and wagging tails to brighten an other wise rotten day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. our generation's desire to go into start-ups has been recognized for sure!!!
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/22/magazine/22Adulthood-t.html

    ReplyDelete