Thanks for visiting Wild Honey!

Thanks for visiting Wild Honey!

I am really excited to share with everyone my true passions: art & everything vintage! This blog is an opportunity to share my inspirations, creations, and new business venture. I hope you all enjoy :)


Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thursday: To See Saw...

Yep, I was gone for a while.  More like 2 days.  But I missed ya'll and I missed blogging. This week has been a complete blur.  For reasons that I cannot unveil to you right now (stay tuned), I have been a little stressed but for a good reason (again, stay tuned).  So, I have spent my lunch breaks from work worrying about this stress causing thing, and therefore not blogging.  But now I am back.

And I want to talk Saw, yes I said it, Saw 3D.  Rick and I saw Saw last night.  Has anyone seen Saw yet? It is insane.  I mean, some really sick and twisted person had to write and create this movie.  The scenes are so horrifying.  The weird thing is, they look pretty fake.  The make up on the people who have been brutally bashed is really not good.  The blood doesn't even look real.  So on the one hand you can laugh and say ha ha oh look at how fake this is... or you can let yourself get all caught up and be completely horrified (I was the latter).  Oh and if you were wondering about the 3D part, you can barely tell it is in 3D. That was kinda disappointing since you have to pay like 3 bucks extra for that lovely feature.

Here is a Synopsis:

As a deadly battle rages over Jigsaw’s brutal legacy, a group of Jigsaw survivors gathers to seek the support of self-help guru and fellow survivor Bobby Dagen, a man whose own dark secrets unleash a new wave of terror...
The first theatrical feature to be shot exclusively on the cutting-edge SI-3D digital camera system, SAW VII 3D brings the horrifying games of Jigsaw to life like never before.


Anyway, what I really want to discuss is the idea behind the movie (sorry to give it away to anyone who has not seen).  The idea is that this crazy killer, jigsaw, goes around and kills people who did/do bad things.  He kills them in ways that resemble the bad deeds they performed, to teach them a lesson, so to speak.  He basically knocks the people out and sets them up in these crazy intense puzzles/traps, where they usually end up dying.  Jigsaw has some proteges, basically the lucky peeps who made it out of his "puzzles" alive.  So on the one hand you want to say, hey, this guy is trying to get a point across, maybe there is a good bone in his body.  But on the other hand you want to say, you idiot, you are killing people because they told a lie? and you want to call him a hypocrite because what he is doing is pretty darn bad.

So this idea of teaching people a lesson, righting their wrongs, by basically killing them, its like this sick jisaw guy's idea of a good deed. I am interested in people's views on this.  Should we be teaching people lessons (not by killing them obviously)? Doesnt everyone tell a lie once in a while, hurt another person, the list goes on? Whose job is it to right people's wrongs? If you believe in God, you have to say that only God can judge people because we are ALL guilty.  But humans seem to have this inescapable urge to let people know when they have done something wrong and teach them a lesson.  What is that all about? We are so slow to forgive others, yet we expect immunity for ourselves.

Luke 6:42:  How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Just some deep thinkage for your thursday afternoon :) hope you enjoyed!!

xoxo Cori

No comments:

Post a Comment