Thanks for visiting Wild Honey!

Thanks for visiting Wild Honey!

I am really excited to share with everyone my true passions: art & everything vintage! This blog is an opportunity to share my inspirations, creations, and new business venture. I hope you all enjoy :)


Thursday, October 28, 2010

Planting the seeds - Enough water to make them grow?? And ideas/opinions/suggestions wanted!

Happy Thursday everyone! We are almost there - to the weekend!

Well I have to say that on the one hand, some progress is being made with the business planning and on the other, it seems I may have hit a wall, or will soon anyway.  I have a logo (as you can see), which may or may not change one or more times in the future.  I have also been contacting wholesalers and figuring out the actual pricing of items, listing costs (going to start out on etsy), becoming incorporated, eventually having a website, business cards - the whole 9 yards!

Now, the WALL.  In my mind, the wall = money.  More specifically, the fact that I have none (on that note, anyone want to become an investor? ;)).  Also the fact that there is a wedding in the future and all the wonderful expenses that factor into that.  So while having my business idea and gathering facts and making contacts is a beautiful thing, where do i get the mula!? I am supposing this is where God comes in.  Is it ok to ask God for money to start a business? I mean - i know it is ok to ask God for money for mission trips and to feed the homeless etc etc... but what about this? Maybe that is something to pray about :)
On another note, I decided that my blog is going to have a schedule.  As in, Mondays are on a specific topic and tuesday are on another, and so on.  So I would like to gather ideas from all of you about what you would like to see on a blog.  WHAT INTERESTS YOU? (it should of course be, vintage or art related or something to that affect).  What cool ideas do you have or what would keep you coming back to the blog world? Id love to hear your thoughts and opinions!

Random thoughts:

- why is it 85 degrees in October and actually, why am I complaining about warmth?
- Pumpkin muffins are incredible.

On that note, back to lunch and back to work! thanks for reading ya'll :)

2 comments:

  1. yay!!! i love that youre starting a buisness! what are you going to be selling? i have an etsy shop with NOTHING in it!! haha.. its hard to get the ball rolling sometimes. i have to set up a schedule for working or else nothing gets done and all my time is eaten up by household responsibilities and whatever else we have going on! :) i think your blog schedule is an awesome idea! one of the days could be about something that week that inspired you? what are you selling? im sorry.. i have no idea! haha.. i think whatever it is will be awesome though!!:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhm.. i didnt mean to ask twice what you are selling..haha.. im in the middle of juggling hw for two of our lovely children and was a tad distracted!!;)

    ReplyDelete