Thanks for visiting Wild Honey!

Thanks for visiting Wild Honey!

I am really excited to share with everyone my true passions: art & everything vintage! This blog is an opportunity to share my inspirations, creations, and new business venture. I hope you all enjoy :)


Monday, November 29, 2010

Monday Life Update: Leftover Turkey

Happy day-after-four-day weekend everyone!

Yes, as Eminem would say, snap back to reality....back to the daily grind that is our lives.

What a nice four day weekend it was though.  Rick and I were busy running around like crazy but we got to spend quality time together and time with the family as well.

Here is the weekend run-down:

Thursday: I made my foray into Thanksgiving cooking with sweet potato casserole.  I think it turned out to be a success.  Next year I have some ideas to spice it up a little... perhaps some pecans or crust.  Something to make it a little more interesting, more than just potatoes and sugar. Then it was off to the St. Johns for feasting where there was no shortage of delicious foods.

SHOUT OUTS: Thanks to Alissa for her delicious pies (especially the pecan... mmm so good). Thanks to Caryn for her squash soup (though I am not an adventurous eater, trying something new was nice). Special shout out to Clare for her awesome crescent roles (the best rolled crescents I have ever experienced) and thanks to Papa Maffett for washing the dishes :) and I know other people made food but I cant remember who made what! Everything was delicious.



The Thanksgiving Feast
 Friday: We were crazy enough to venture out into the black hole that is black FRIDAY. NO, we were not up at 4AM and we did not camp out the day before. We did however make our way to the mall around 12pm. It wasnt bad at all. I was imagining people pushing and shoving and running each other over.  But we got a parking spot right in front of the entrance!! Now that is a black Friday Miracle. Honestly though, there werent many good deals. Maybe we were just too late? Did anyone else notice this? Cause it didnt seem to me like the stores cared too much to entice us with sales.

Friday night we got to eat some turkey gumbo soup thanks to mama maffett --- it was delicious. Made special with thanksgiving leftovers. Then we saw Love and Other Drugs, which was good.  I was expecting a hokey lovey dovey chick flick, but there was actually some depth to it.  There were parts that were funny, some thought provoking, and some moving. There was an unprecedented amount of nudity, which shocked me.  I am sure this movie set the new bar for the amount of nudity that can be shown in a movie without having to make it x-rated. If you are not into nudity, I wouldnt suggest seeing.  Especially not with your parents or grandparents, if that kind of thing makes you feel awkward (flashback to seeing sex and the city I seated inbetween my mom and stepdad).  Otherwise, I would suggest seeing it.

Saturday: We got to take ALL 3 dogs (summer, jake, and bowden) to the beach.  People stared at us like we were crazy as we got twisted and tangled between leashes and were screaming at the dogs not to run into the streets... The pups had a blast though of course. To dogs, the beach is pure heaven. I would compare it to a night at the breakers being waited on hand and foot with a complimentary massage for a human.

Then of course FSU beat the Gators.  I am still working on being an FSU fan.  I did see some hints of it while watching the game I must say. There were times I wanted to get a little competitive.  I think in a few years I will be a hardcore fan and look back on these times of cluelessness and laugh. At church people were congratulating Rick left and right.  At first we would say thank you and start talking about getting married, until we realized that they were congratulating Rick on FSU's win.

Sunday: Rick and I hosted the first ever Maffett Family Dinner at Rick's house.  Despite having a bachelor sized array of plates, silverware, serving dishes, etc, we managed to make it work :) We had to improvise a little bit but all in all everyone had a good time.

So, in short, that was our weekend.  Hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving and that everyone gets a good start to their week!

Peace :)

Cori

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! And I must say your sweet potatoes were a great success, because I usually don't like them, but your were delish!

    ReplyDelete